Bio – Short version
Early in her career, Jean Stratton, MPH, RDN was a proponent of health and wellness. Jean remains passionate about the wellness industry today. She has identified a need to support small to mid sized businesses with their strategic wellness plan needs. Her extensive experience includes:
- Disease management
- Managed Care
- Public Health
With specific emphasis in disease management and wellness.
As a results-oriented business executive, Ms. Stratton’s skills and achievements include:
- Providing wellness plan consultation, implementation and evaluation of health promotion and wellness programs for employers
- Analyzing medical, behavioral, pharmacy, health risk assessment, biometric screening and wellness program data to design customized client wellness strategies and plans.
- Managing and coordinating onsite biometric events, health risk assessments and lunch and learn programs in conjunction with employer groups and vendors.
- Implementing chronic disease management programs with 13 Health plans nationally, monitoring ongoing operations and evaluation of the programs. In that capacity she presented to health purchasers and decision makers of Fortune 500 companies, outlining the definition of disease management, program components, and outcomes for each chronic disease program offered.
- Providing consultative services to clients conducting outcomes reporting.
Prior to entering private consulting, Jean held positions in nationally prominent insurance companies, gathering a multi-dimensional background as:
- Health Promotion Manager
- Care/Disease Management Director
- National Account Manager
- Benefits & Products Consultant
- Connecticut Women in HealthCare Management;
President and Program Chair
- University of Connecticut
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Allied Health; Advisory Board member
- Connecticut Dietetic Association
Presentation on “Disease Management and the Role of the Dietitian as Health Coach”, providing practical and clinical provider insights from a health industry perspective
- Master of Public Health – University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Dietetics – University of Connecticut
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) Well Workplace University certifications in:
- Building A Results-Oriented Workplace Wellness Program Using WELCOA’s Seven Benchmarks
- Linking Wellness Initiatives To Employee Benefit Design
- How To Effectively Utilize Health Coaching To Improved Employee Health